Thursday, May 3, 2012

back to work

SOME CRAWL, OTHERS FLY


Today is my first day back to work after six weeks of maternity leave and I decided during my lunch hour to update our blog (even though maybe I should be taking a nap)! Boo to it being my first day back to work, but YAY for having such a great sister, brother-in-law, dad, and mom who are excitedly watching Lyric.

This week was finals week for Akilah and he's pretty sure he aced his math final and got an A in his other course! Akilah is also on his last week of his old work shift and this weekend he starts his new work shift. He will be going to weekend days and so he gets to hang out with Lyric all week while I work and then I get to hang out with her during the weekend while he works. I'm pretty sure it is going to be a little bit hard on our relationship and I am going to be sad because
#1 I don't get to see Lyric as much now that I am working again AND
#2 I'm going to miss Akilah a lot while he is working on the weekends.

We are going to be a nighttime couple it seems :)

Lyric is starting to stay awake for longer periods of time and it is getting more fun to interact with her :) She is starting to make a lot more cute noises and less grunts and she is sleeping better at night for the most part.. Although, the other night I worked with her until 4 am (with no sleep for me) and finally I gave up and put her in her car seat and took her on a drive of all my running routes! I think I drove all of my running routes because I love them so much and can barely chug through 2 miles right now haha! Someday I'll get back up to 5 miles... MARK MY WORD RUNNING PARTNER (I know you are reading this)! She was asleep before we left the garage and I made the executive decision of leaving her in her car seat until she woke up the next morning (don't worry I did unbuckle her!) She is eating pretty well (about 4-5 oz) and spitting up even better! She can serioulsy spit up and soak my shirt and she can even projectile spit up.. the other day when she did it for the first time I was so impressed by her :)



  She still LOVES her baths, loves being outside and in her stroller, and now loves sleeping on her belly (again don't worry we only let her sleep on her belly when we are awake and by her)


Nothing else too fun going on for us in good ole' Idaho. Idaho weather seems to be tricking us again lately. I was getting sunburns 2 weeks ago and now it is chilly and windy again :( We are getting excited for summer and boating and I'm getting a little nervous I will not be able to look very hot in my swimsuit this summer! It is dang hard to get this baby weight off. It was put on for a good reason... but I cannot find a good reason to now keep it on other than the nilla wafers taste so good as I'm eating them!

AND HERE ARE THE PICTURES! as I was uploading them I noticed a funny theme.. Lyric seems to be sleeping and in her pj's in most of the pictures... hmmm must have been a hard week for us.. either that or I was into a good book and didn't take time to pretty her up! :)




PS. Akilah is still wearing his hospital bracelet that says "father" on it... pretty darn cute I think :)




No comments:

Post a Comment