Monday, March 19, 2012

A great start to 2012

Friends and family alike have encouraged the Lacey Family to start a blog! Akilah and I have decided this would be a great idea for our little, but growing family. Most of our immediate family is connected to the internet, but not everyone is on Facebook, which is where I usually post all of our family updates and pictures. We have decided a blog will be a great way to keep everyone who is interested updated on our lives.

So... here it goes! The Lacey Family Blog :)

I figure this blog will mostly be pictures of Lyric, our dogs, and me writing the posts... but hopefully Akilah will sneak in a couple of his own posts :) 

Here is an update on our lives as of late!

As of today I am 39 weeks pregnant and here is the latest picture I have of my big pregnant belly!


My pregnancy has been so easy and wonderful. I am still able to workout and I'm still sleeping so good at night! Akilah has been super helpful and supportive, so being pregnant has been a great experience... which is definatley a good thing since Akilah wants like a MILLION children haha!

Right now Lyric is moving around like crazy and I don't feel like she is really ready to come out yet. Our cousin, Tinesha, tells me she doesn't want to come out because I'm eating too good still! Man I love my food :)  Her little bum is always sticking out right above my belly button and she loves to dance around whenever I turn Rihanna on in my car :) Akilah loves to talk to her, feel her moving around, and give my stomach kisses! He is honestly going to be the best dad. Her due date is Saturday, March 24, 2012 and we just learned this last week at my doctor appointment that my doctor will be leaving to Hawaii on the 23rd! 

He gave us the choice of going with another doctor and delivering naturally whenever Lyric is ready or being induced on Wednesday, March 21. After talking it through, Ki and I decided that we wanted to stay with our doctor all the way through and I will be getting induced on Wednesday night!

In dog news, Maela and Jordan are patiently preparing for the arrival of Lyric. We have slowly moved everything into her room and we let them sniff-lick-slobber everything we bring home so they can get use to the transition before she arrives. We got them their favorite toys (cuz's from PetCo) and we will be giving them said toys as soon as we bring Lyric home. We are trying to be really proactive in making this a good family experience for all of us. We have heard so many horror stories about pit bulls (yes we have two huge pit bulls) attacking people and children. It is a little scary for us to think of these stories and we are trying to not be naive in thinking this could never happen to our family. Akilah or my parents are going to bring home a blanket with her scent before she comes home (thanks for the idea Krista!) so they can get use to her scent and then we will bribe them into being the best dogs ever with their new favorite toys! I think we are going to have to be very proactive in teaching them how to behave around Lyric and very careful with not leaving her alone with them for awhile! I think the dogs will do great and we are both very excited to add Lyric to our little family of four! When I first found out I was pregnant, we had a lot of people ask us when we were going to sell our dogs. This question blew us both away because this thought never even crossed our minds! Maela and Jordan are such a huge part of our family and I cannot wait for them to attach to Lyric like they have with us.
 
Recently Akilah made a hard, big-boy, life decision. He sold the beloved Challenger and got a Dodge Ram truck! I love the trade (ahhh the room this truck has), but do feel really bad that he had to give up his dream car. As I look back on the decision I am so grateful to have Akilah as my husband. He is going to be such a great dad and is definitely making decisions in his life that will positively help our family! Kilah is also in school right now taking 8 college credits. He really wants to be a K9 officer, but is keeping his options open in case he does not get chosen for a K9 position. He has always talked about becoming a lawyer and is thinking this may be a positive career path for him if the K9 position doesn't work out in the near future. He is working full time, helping me get ready for the baby, selling his favorite car, going to school, and trying to fit in as many video game sessions as he can! Definitely very busy! He also just made a really exciting decision. He was offered a coaching position with Shelley High School (where my dad is the principal) and will be coaching varsity football this Fall! I am really excited for him to start coaching again, because this is the time where I see him really in his element doing something he loves so much! He is an amazing coach and it'll be so fun to see him give back to the town I grew up in! Go RUSSETS! 

I think my mom and dad are probably the most excited about Akilah's coaching decision! They will get to watch Lyric a lot while I am working and Akilah is coaching! I think my sister and brother-in-law are getting really excited too! My little sister has made Lyric some adorable outfits and I cannot wait for Lyric to be here so she can start wearing them :) Even though Jess lives an hour and a half away, I think she is going to be such a big part of Lyric's life. Akilah's family lives in California and Texas, but I think through Skype Lyric will get to be connected with them as well. We are hopefully planning a trip to California during the end of April so his family will be able to meet her!

As for an update on me... I am currently working as a counselor at Idaho State University and loving it. I have great co-workers and enjoy the work I do with college students. My favorite students to work with are the ones fresh from high school who are so excited and nervous to start their college journey. College was such a great time and experience for me (both my undergrad and masters program), so it makes it very fun to help other young students get ready for their journey! I have decided to work right up until the baby is born and it has been nice to be out of the house. I swear this 40 weeks has flown by and I cannot believe I'm in my last couple days. I am very excited to meet Lyric and to have her home! I am also getting excited to be done being pregnant so I can start working out hard again! I miss my workout partner and all of the fun workouts we have had over the last three years! I am also taking some higher education college courses so someday I can follow in my dad's footsteps and become a school principal. I only have one course left, which I will take this summer, and then my internship! I love going to school and learning and as long as the credits are cheap ($5 a credit because I work at a college) I think I'll keep taking courses!

I feel like the next couple of days are going to fly by and I probably won't create another post until after Lyric is born and our family of five is settled down. My girlfriend is going to be taking pictures of my labor process and Lyric being born, so stay tuned for some amazing pictures to come :)

4 comments:

  1. You look so good! I love the baby room!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of her!
    I had no idea you were planning on becoming a principal! You will be so great! Good luck with everything and can't wait to see more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! We are so happy for this next chapter of your life to begin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa and Chad HigbeeMarch 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM

    We are so tickled for you guys and the next chapter of your lives! We are excited to meet Lyric and see you two in action. Good luck Wednesday..but it probably will be Thursday..ha

    ReplyDelete